Random iOS6 Question

SJJ

Reaction score
So I just installed iOS6, and I've either lost or moved an app from the first screen of my phone.

It would be a common app, so has anyone else noticed an app going missing?

Just curious! ;D

Reaction score
What app did you lose, cause if it's YouTube, thats normal as it's not included in IOS6.

SM

C

chas_m

But it has already been replaced by a new Google YouTube app (free) that you can download from the App Store. It's a better app overall, but now has ads (blech)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
There are supposed to be over 200 improvements in iOS6.

Anyone found any yet please?

The Passbook is pretty useless outside USA, Find My Friends probably the same. Podcasts might be useful although the function was in the Videos app anyway.

Also, the AppStore updates screen now shows when Apps are being downloaded, which is good.

Any other new features people have found please?

On the downside, the Maps are NOT an improvement. I haven't tried the new YouTube App yet.

C

chas_m

List of all 200 improvements:
iOS 5: Complete list of 200+ New Features

(learning to use Google might be considered another one for your list)

Passbook = not fully cooked yet. Same with Maps.

To the best of my knowledge, Find My Friends works in any country where there are other iPhone owners who know you.

Podcasts app precedes iOS 6.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB

Reaction score

To the best of my knowledge, Find My Friends works in any country where there are other iPhone owners who know you.

Podcasts app precedes iOS 6.

Find my friends does work in other countries, so thats confirmed.

SM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.