Cant open my passport

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Tower
A friend gave me this, i'm running 10.4, i plug it it to usb port, and double click it on the desktop, and it wont open, what do i have to do? thx:\

Reaction score
If it's formatted NTFS it may not be readable by your version of OS-X. I know that earlier versions couldn't read NTFS but I'm not sure when it changed. A friend's white MB running either 10.4 or 10.5 won't read NTFS. Try it in a Windows machine and if it works there that's probably the reason. If it won't work on Windows either it may have been damaged by being unplugged without being ejected, in which case good luck with it!

I've just checked that Paragon NTFS doesn't work on 10.4 which suggests that 10.4 can't read NTFS (it does on 10.5 on). You'll have to reformat the drive to something your machine can read, or upgrade your version of OS-X.

OP
MacForever
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Tower
found a solution, went to future shop, used one of there pc laptops and took care of the problem, works like a champ on my older imac, i have 1,000 gigs, hee haw,... thanx too all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.