Mac Mini Vs. Fritz Box 7390, ethernet problem (LAN)

Reaction score
Hey wellwishers,

A few days ago my internet provider came in and installed the fibre optics internet. They came with a new modem as well, the Fritz!Box 7390. While connecting all my devices, everything seemed to work just fine, until I lined up my Mac mini. For some reason only the wireless internet seems to work. The wired connection also seems to be recognized just fine (IP configurated, green icon in front, etc.) but it doesn't seem to work at all. The browsers and programs just show there is no internet connection.

I've called the internet provider, and after several attempts of fixing it (by changing IP's and whatever) they redirected me to Apple, saying the Mac mini's with the "Farallon Network Cards" tend to show problems with this modem. There was a way of fixing it but I had to update the network card's driver.

So I had google do the dirty work for me, and I found some things to do such as removing/renaming the network preferences file, resetting the modem, updating modem firmware, trying diffirent cables and check on another network to determain if it actually was the modem or the Mac mini. Been there, done that, yet I still didn't get it to work properly on the Fritz!Box only.

Had OS X Snow Leopard. Re-installed the files hoping that would work, but it didn't. Decided to just update to OS X Mountain Lion, (v10.8.1) hoping that would work.. There is nothing between the Mac mini and the modem, no other devices.

I've been told that I should find an update for my network card, but I haven't found a way on how to do that yet. Where can I find devices updates like that? Anyone here seen a problem like this before with the Fritz!Box 7390? This is 2/3, hoping to find a solution here. Else I have to knock on the door of the Fritz!Box company themselves..

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.