Commercial CDs wont read in my g5 iMac

W

willisspecial

Lately, I've noticed that a lot of new CDs will not be read by my iMac g5. Very frequently other Macs will not read the same cds. I am wondering if there is some software or pluggin that will allow my computer to register these commercial music cds.

Some of the CDs that my computer wont read are:
Phish- MSG new years eve 1995
Hot Hot Heat-Elevator
Trey Anastasio- Shine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Look very closely at the CD cases and documentation. You will likely find something there about them being "protected" CDs. It's a form of DRM that will supposedly keep you from burning then to MP3s or, heaven forbid, uploading them to a P2P site. In other words, the Music Company/Artist and the RIAA have all come together to tell you that they don't trust you with the music you have just purchased with your hard earned cash, so therefore you can not play it on your computer.

There are ways around it, but we can't discuss that here.

OP
W

willisspecial

thats unfortunate. mabye someone could send me a PM or an email with instructions of how to rip this mother, because i paid hard cash for it, and I want that SOB on my iPod. Please?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.