My QT 10.1 has suddenly stopped working!

Reaction score
I found some advice from a couple years back for QT 7, but cannot find how to fix it using the steps as QT 10.1 doesn't have the preferences bar in EDIT tab?

HELP!

This best describes my issue:

Dec 11, 2006 5:13 AM
For over the past week, when I try to play a video the sound is absolutely fine, but the screen just shows green/black fuzzyness. This happened suddenly, i haven't installed or desinstalled anything recently, i haven't made any changes...I don't know what could be causing the problem.

I've desinstalled and reinstalled Quicktime twice- still no luck.

Could it be a virus? I'm using Norton Internet Security and it hasn't found anything either.

Could it be an incompatibility with iTunes? I do download iTunes updates regularly.

Thank you in advance

<<REPLY>>>

Dec 11, 2006 8:32 AM (in response to doll)
I am having the same problem with quicktime 7 not playing. The audion is perfect, however the video is scrabled line of green, pink and blue.
I am playing a movie that is .mp4. The format is H.264 decoder, 320 x240, millions AAC, Stereo LR, 48.00 kHz.

The movie plays fine on my Ipod. Any help would greatly appreciated.

Bob

HP Pavillion A262N Windows XP Pro

<<<<<<Then>>>>

I just figured out the problem on mine. Do the following,

Open Quicktime 7
Click on Edit tab and go to preference,
then click on Quicktime Preference.
One that opens click on Advanced tab
You will see a selection for video or direct X.
Click on Safe mode (GDI only)
Then click on Apply, then OK.
Restart Quicktime and play a movie to test.

Hope this helps.

As I said before, I cannot move through these steps as QT10.1 doesn't have a preferences option.

PLEASE HELP ME :(:(

OP
N
Reaction score
I think it's flash?

movies aren't working in itunes or via internet either...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.