• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

DVD Ripper or Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,im a new member of this forum and please welcome me:D! what is the best DVD ripper or converter for iMac?because i want my dvd's to upload on youtube please help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What kind of DVDs do you intend to upload to YouTube? Also, have you read our Sticky Announcement at the top of this forum about ripping DVDs and Blue Ray disks?

OP
K
Reaction score
dvd ripper or converter

dvd videos live concert and no sir never read that yet sorry:)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What he was asking is are they commercial DVD?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Are you the copyright holder of those commercial DVDs, or did you just buy them? If the former, then you can upload them to YouTube, otherwise you don't have permission and what you are attempting is against copyright law..

C

chas_m

Even if you somehow uploaded commercial content to YouTube, it would be quickly yanked and you could lose your account pretty quickly, so my suggestion would be that if your DVDs fall into that category, abandon that plan.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If they're commercial DVDs that you have the rights to, you should be able to get the content in a more suitable format. Otherwise, we have to assume that you don't have rights to the content. As such, I'm close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.