problem with firefox auto restore in Lion

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
My cousin has a 2011 mini 2.4GHz, Core2Duo, OS X 10.7.4, using FIrefox 14 or 15.
When double-clicking Firefox, he gets the following message:

Close Firefox.

A copy of Firefox is already open. Only one copy of Firefox can be open at a time.

As far as we can tell, Firefox isn't actually running. - looked in Activity Monitor.
We've unchecked Restore Windows and applications in the logout dialog, and turned off
the same in the System Prefs>General pref pane.
We've gone to login items and made sure Firefox isn't set to open from there.
We've looked for the saved state folder for Firefox in ~/Library/Saved Application States and don't see one.
We also used TInker Tool to make Firefox Not auto restore.
We booted from the Resore partition and repaired the HD and repaired permissions.
Also - deleted from ~/Library/Preferences:
org.mozilla.firefox.plist and
org.mozilla.firefox.plist.lockfile

Any suggestions?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
forgot to add - created a new user and the problem doesn't happen there, so I know this is some corrupted file in the User's home folder.
Haven't started trashing prefs - hoping someone knows more specifically what to do.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
Here's the fix:
Restarted in Safe Mode. Ran Firefox from there. It asked me to choose or create a profile. Deleted old profiles and created new one. Firefox started up.
Went back to normal startup. Firefox works now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.