CRM to replace act or how to make act work on MAC

Reaction score
I have used ACT as my CRM for 15 plus years.

Cant get it to work on my macair
also have Iphone and Ipad need to have integrated diary ,tasks and contacts
i run several diaries as i contract to a couple companies and they run a diary fr me in google on days i work for them
need to pull this info into CRM
Anyone got any ideas

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sage ACT is Windows only software. You have several ways, however, that you can continue to use it on your new MBA:

1. Virtual software = Parallels, Fusion, or the free VirtualBox from Oracle

2. Boot Camp. (Install Windows 7 to dual boot with Mountain Lion)

I don't have any suggestions for CRM software for OS X. Perhaps someone else can chime in here and suggest something. However, in my opinion, since you're familiar with ACT it might be best to continue running it as above.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
SAP CRM runs on Mac systems fine with SAP GUI. Perhaps it's time for a change. If you are large enough, or play with big guys, it may be a better integrated solution overall?

C

chas_m

XJ-linux: that quote you attribute to Ben Franklin is not, in fact, by him:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Widely attributed to Benjamin Franklin on the internet, sometimes without the second sentence, it is not found in any of his known writings, and the word "lunch" is not known to have appeared anywhere in English literature until the 1820s, decades after his death. The phrasing itself has a very modern tone and the second sentence especially might not even be as old as the Internet. Some of these observations are made in response to a query at Google Answers:
In 1992, Marvin Simkin wrote in Los Angeles Times,
Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.[1]
A far rarer but somewhat more credible variation also occurs: "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner." Web searches on these lines uncovers the earliest definite citations for such a statement credit libertarian author James Bovard with a similar one in the Sacramento Bee (1994):
"Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner."
This statement also definitely occurs in the "Conclusion" (p. 333) of his book Lost Rights: The Destruction of American Liberty (1994) ISBN 0312123337
Variants of this statement include that by Larry Flynt, as quoted in "Flynt's revenge" by Carol LLoyd in Salon (23 February 1999)]:
Majority rule will only work if you're considering individual rights. You can't have five wolves and one sheep vote on what they want to have for supper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
XJ-linux: that quote you attribute to Ben Franklin is not, in fact, by him:

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Widely attributed to Benjamin Franklin on the internet, sometimes without the second sentence, it is not found in any of his known writings, and the word "lunch" is not known to have appeared anywhere in English literature until the 1820s, decades after his death. The phrasing itself has a very modern tone and the second sentence especially might not even be as old as the Internet. Some of these observations are made in response to a query at Google Answers:
In 1992, Marvin Simkin wrote in Los Angeles Times,
Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.[1]
A far rarer but somewhat more credible variation also occurs: "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner." Web searches on these lines uncovers the earliest definite citations for such a statement credit libertarian author James Bovard with a similar one in the Sacramento Bee (1994):
"Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner."
This statement also definitely occurs in the "Conclusion" (p. 333) of his book Lost Rights: The Destruction of American Liberty (1994) ISBN 0312123337
Variants of this statement include that by Larry Flynt, as quoted in "Flynt's revenge" by Carol LLoyd in Salon (23 February 1999)]:
Majority rule will only work if you're considering individual rights. You can't have five wolves and one sheep vote on what they want to have for supper.

Interesting, and thanks. If you went ahead and read some of the quoted material, then the quote has served it's intended purpose, whether the quote originated with Franklin or not. ;)

C

chas_m

I'm familiar with the material. But I'm more interested in movements that value accuracy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.