OS X Animation files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
In what system folder can one find the .gif files for things like the spinning beachball?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
The cursors in MacOSX are not *easily* editable without a program like Mighty Mouse.

The images are hidden in some code in /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/, I believe. Not positive on that one. I do know that you'll need a hex editor like HexEdit to get at it.

Good Luck. :mac:

EDIT: I found this scrounging through my bookmarks in Safari:

Changing Cursors in MacOSX

OP
corysw
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 1.8GHz, 3GB RAM; Macbook Air
Thanks for the reply. I downloaded Mighty Mouse, and that gave me the spinning beachball animation, which is what I was really looking for. I opened that thing in HexEdit, but not to my surprise I had no idea what I was looking at ;) But I went to that Changing Cursors page, and it listed the cursors that were coded in that file, and they weren't what I was looking for anyway. Oh well, at least I got the beach ball. Thanks for the help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.