Problem sending emails after going from POP to IMAP accounts

Reaction score
hello everybody! well, I have a very strange problem...let's see if somebody can help me because right now I have no idea what is going on :((

I went from POP to IMAP for 2 different accounts I have...I rechecked with my hosting site that the settings of my accounts are fine(incoming and outgoing info, ports etc etc), everything seems to be set up well, but guess what? I can receive but I can't send emails!!! Well, is not 100% true, so I tried from my home computer, and SOMETIMES, early morning, I can send emails...then I go to work and i can't send any email from my computer work, then i go back home at night and I can't send either...and MAYBE,next morning works, only maybe, as it seems randomly working only in the morning, isn't it super strange??

so i went ahead and try thousand combinations of the outgoing ports with SSL and no SSL...as my hosting told me to do....and same problem, I receive but can't send (btw, it work on my iphone because iphone is alwyas been IMAP, as I was told, right?), but it doesn' twork on my Macbook pro at home, neither in my powerbook at work...

SO WHAT CAN I DO??? is very strange that it suddenly works one morning and it doesn't in the next hour...it;s been like this for a week, i am giving up :(

ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE SO MUCH APPRECIATED!

THANK YOU!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.