UPGRADE to Mountain Lion Issues

Reaction score
UPGRADED to Mac OSX Mountain Lion today. So far things seems to be working well, however for some reason my FB photo in my contacts reverted back to a photo I had back in July and my frog is not showing. Come on what does Apple have against bull frogs???? Also Calendars are not syncing (worked fine in Snow Leopard) so more issues I need to resolve. But overall a much smoother transition than if I had gone from Windows XP to Windows 7.

Does anyone know why Calendars will not sync? Its been saying moving calendars to server account for a year. I enabled iCloud on my Mac and iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What is your calendar syncing to, choose one method, server or iCloud

Using 2 syncing methods caused duplicates or other problems

Reaction score
lost all Calendar info since upgrading from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion

iMac 27 / 2.93 GHz Intel core i7 / 12 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Never used iCloud before.

Just upgraded from 10.6.8 to 10.8.1

Most things work, except for the critical info in my iCal, which is all missing!!

I absolutely NEED to retrieve this info ASAP.

When I launch Calendar, the dialogue box indicates "Moving calendars from server account. Couldn't move your calendars to iCloud because an error occurred. Make sure you're connected to the internet, and then try again."
Then there are two buttons: "Try Again Now" and "Try Again Later"

Nothing happens when I try again NOW, even though I am connected to the internet.

I went to System Preferences>iCloud but it shows "Account Not Verified", so all options are greyed out and inaccessible.

I clicked on "Resend Verification Email" and a pop-up window indicates "A verification email has been sent to <my email address>. Check your email for instructions for verifying your account."

Alas, no email has been received after multiple attempts. ??? My email is otherwise functioning properly, as I am getting confirmation emails after registering in other forums in a desperate attempt to resolve this urgent problem.

How can I retrieve my Calendar info?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.