attaching photo files from iphoto to my email

Reaction score
This may seem simple for some people. I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to attach a photo file from iphoto to my email to send out. Can anyone help me ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The easiest way is to email your photo direct from the iPhoto application. You can find that option under "Share" in the iPhoto main menu. Click on email.

Reaction score
Emailing photos with Outlook or via Iphoto

I am operating OSX 10.7.5 and Outlook 2011 for Mac(14.2.4). I updated iPhoto to 2011(9.4.1) and cannot email photos without exporting to desktop and attaching to my email from Outlook. I have selected Outlook as the email option in iPhoto preferences and checked that the server settings were OK - they appeared so but strangely I have two options with different names but identical server settings. I selected about 20 photos plus short movie clip and selected email option and indicated required compression. A box appeared indicating the images were being processed but they disappeared into thin air, never to be found again, either within iPhoto or Outlook. I had no way of entering an address to whom I could send the images so they clearly never went anywhere (unless there is a default address provided in iPhoto!) can somepne please help?? PS I also had the same problems when I tried to email directly from iPhoto.
Thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.