Keychain and Roboform

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know if there is a way to transfer login data from Roboform into Keychain??

Reaction score
I don't want to be annoying, but why do you want to do that?
Answering this question may help me in answering yours.

SM

OP
W
Reaction score
Not annoying at all. I am not entirely happy with Roboform and I brought it over with me when I moved from the PC to the Mac. I just thought that Keychain, being an Apple ap, might be easier to deal with than Roboform. I do have the need to be able to access my passwords on my iPad and iPhone, which I am assuming (perhaps incorrectly) Keychain allows. One of the major downsides of Roboform is the clunky interface it has on the iPhone and iPad. You have to use their ersatz browser to have autofill on browser forms. It is not integrated with Safari, which Keychain is. That's a hassle.

But, I am open to the possibility that Keychain has more negatives than Roboform. Suggestions in that regard??

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
+1 for 1Password. Just as a note.... last Christmas as a special Agilebits was giving away 1Password to their already registered users. All you had to do was supply the name and email address of someone whom you wanted to receive it for free and they would send it to them. A great deal. I sent a copy that way to my Son.

OP
W
Reaction score
OK, so my question morphs into "Can one import Roboform passwords (my copy of which has 200-300 passwords in it) into 1Password???" Also:

- does 1Password fully support Chrome?
- does it provide cross platform (iMac,iPhone,iPad) connection with a single license?

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks, Sur3Mac. That's helpful!

I have been reading their Agilebits' forum regarding the Roboform import. It appears from what I read that I have to go back to my PC and downgrade my current Roboform to 6.7 or so to get it to export a file that will import properly into 1Password. I cannot find any kind of export function on the Mac version of Roboform on my iMac.

Anyone have any experience there??

In reading the description of 1PasswordAnywhere, I presume this new "anywhere" mode meets the need to access a password from a device that does not have a copy of 1Password installed (i.e., my iPhone or iPad). I assume you have autofilling of Safari forms on the iPad or iPhone just like on the desktop computer if you have the main copy installed on the iMac. ???

Reaction score
At the moment due to the restricted interactions that apps on iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) are allowed to have, there is no way for 1Password to auto-fill logins directly into Safari.

But I do believe there's a built-in browser in 1Password, if that's any consolation... which I don't think it is :)

SM

OP
W
Reaction score
Yeah, bummer ... that's one of the gripes I have with Roboform. Given that, I don't see a lot of advantage in moving to 1Password. I was hoping for a smoother interface. Say a form pops up on a page asking for login and pw. You have two choices with Robo. You can fire up Roboform, put in the pin, scroll to the credentials, fill in the master pw, and copy and paste both the pw and login name. Or .... you can copy the link on in Safari, fire up Roboform, insert the pin, fire up the local browser, paste the URL, go to the page, and then hopefully Roboform fills out the login and pw for you.

Lousy. **** Apple! I assume the procedure with 1Password is about the same on the iPad and iPhone. Android did not have this issue as I recall (before the phone died).

I am happy with Roboform on the iMac. Except, the Robo ap on Chrome stinks (it's a "lite" version). That might be the deal breaker.

We really need a good password manager that is secure and easy to use on the mobile devices. It is dangerous to have one password that is used for everything because we need to remember our password for every different site. Guess Apple's design disallows this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.