Outlook 2011 email not working

Reaction score
I have Microsoft Outlook 2011 and would like to set up my roadrunner (Brighthouse) email on it. I have tried and it will not work. Can someone help me with the settings? I have done several searches online and changed settings over and over again. Still not working.

Thanks!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You've visited this site to get the correct POP3/IMAP/SMTP information to setup the account in Outlook? If you have the correct information, what errors are you getting?

OP
T
Reaction score
You've visited this site to get the correct POP3/IMAP/SMTP information to setup the account in Outlook? If you have the correct information, what errors are you getting?

This is the error I got.
The server does not support secure connections.
I have tried so many different settings and got many many different errors. This is the most recent one I got this am. Thanks!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You have to disable SSL in Outlook. Evidently your email provider doesn't support secure connections and looking through their setup steps (for the iPhone), they ask that you disable SSL for the incoming connection. See below for the checkbox that you need to uncheck.

Screen Shot 2012-09-17 at 10.57.16 AM.png

OP
T
Reaction score
You have to disable SSL in Outlook. Evidently your email provider doesn't support secure connections and looking through their setup steps (for the iPhone), they ask that you disable SSL for the incoming connection. See below for the checkbox that you need to uncheck.

View attachment 17957

I followed the directions in the link you posted. I got this error now:

Authentication failed because Outlook doesn't support any of the available authentication methods.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.