Samsung TV wireless conection???

Reaction score
Can anyone help me??? I have (foolishly) bought a samsung 'smart' TV because the guy in the shop told me I could stream wirelessly from my laptop to the TV. I did ask if it worked for a Mac, he said yes.

Is there any way to make this work? Samsung suggested a 3rd party software might do it, but didn't know what it would be.

Any helpers out there???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Several options... Try setting up your Mac as a serviio or plex server (plenty or online tutorials or even go to plexapp.com), and then use the TV as a client. Short of that, you can use an HDMI cable and attempt to use the TV as your display. Short answer, there is no easy 1-2-3 or built in way to share wirelessly that I'm aware of. I killed a few hours at a relative's house this summer trying to make something work and gave up. Easier to just buy an ATV and hook it up, or set up a Netflix/Hulu account on the TV and be done with it. You can enable developer mode on the Samsung TV, but I'm not going to go down that road and be the impetus for someone screwing up their TV. Good luck!

OP
R
Reaction score
So now I am going to sound really dumb - but once I have TVMOBiLi - how do I make the TV and the computer connect to each other? they are in the same room (running on the same WiFi network) but not talking to each other!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.