Boot Camp & Windows 7 (No Apple Disc)

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First time on the forums, so excuse me for any mistakes I may make (not a huge techie).

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my mac for some programs and games. I bought the Windows 7 disc, but I've been reading on the steps performed in the bootcamp process and I see that you also need the Apple drivers disc included with all macs.

I can't track mine down and I was wondering if there was an alternative place to download the files needed to get Windows and Mac going?

Any advice, suggestions, and links would be GREATLY appreciated!
Again, I'm not the "techiest" of people, so go easy on me haha.

Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey everyone,

First time on the forums, so excuse me for any mistakes I may make (not a huge techie).

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on my mac for some programs and games. I bought the Windows 7 disc, but I've been reading on the steps performed in the bootcamp process and I see that you also need the Apple drivers disc included with all macs.

If your Mac shipped with OS X 10.7 or 10.8, there is no system disc. Those instructions apply only to 10.6 and earlier.

You will create a support disc during the "Boot Camp Assistant" process, so be sure to have a blank CD or a flash drive handy.

Additionally, I would STRONGLY recommend printing the Boot Camp manual, which you'll be prompted to do as soon as you run the Boot Camp Assistant program. This is critical and an oft-overlooked step, but one you'll want to follow since there will be times during the process when your computer is not connected to the Internet and you'll want to know what to do - a printed copy of the manual will be handy to have during those times.

I can't track mine down and I was wondering if there was an alternative place to download the files needed to get Windows and Mac going?

If you are running 10.6 or earlier, you might consider upgrading to 10.8, which will cost about $20 and negate the need for the disc.

Any advice, suggestions, and links would be GREATLY appreciated!
Again, I'm not the "techiest" of people, so go easy on me haha.

Thanks!

No worries, it's pretty simple once you have all the right tools in place.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.