flashplayer

Reaction score
Heya, I have a problem watching youtube videos online with my iMac (10.5.8). Originally, I was unable to watch videos on facebook so I downloaded some version of Adobe Flashplayer.Then, all youtube videos will shiver, and were unable to watch. I was later told to erase the old version of flash player and download the latest one, in order to be able to view videos on youtube. Now, I have no version of flashplayer and I can't download it either, the installment goes up maximum to 30%. What should I do? :'(:'(:'(

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sounds like you may have a corrupted install of Flash. Before you do anything else, be sure to run a Verify/Repair Disk and Verify/Repair Permissions in Disk Utility, under the First Aid tab (select 'Macintosh HD' from the left window pane to see the First Aid tab). You can find Disk Utility in the Applications folder, under Utilities.

Once that's done, for better or worse, try to reinstall the latest Flash player - be sure to get it from here:

Adobe Flash Player - Downloads

If it doesn't work, you may need to manually uninstall it, following the instructions in this article:

Removing Flash from your Mac | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.