2012 Macbook Pro 13" Battery Problems?

Reaction score
Just received my MacBook Pro in the mail yesterday and I love it, but something caught my eye as I was using it off the charger.

I have the battery percentage on so I can see how much battery I have left. I was using it off the charger and noticed that every 45 seconds-60 seconds a percent dropped from the percentage. After about an hour I was down to around 40 percent battery left.

I really don't think this is normal as I was using it at half the brightness and only doing normal browsing.

Any way to fix this? :\

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Are you sure your MBP was running off AC power (MagSafe Adapter) and not the battery? What you're describing is normal if the machine is on battery power alone. Have you tried shutting down and charging the battery from the MagSafe Adapter?

Reaction score
Are you running 10.8 or 10.8.1? If so, thats the problem. Wait for 10.8.2 to (hopefully) fix your problem :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.5GHz Intel Core i5
You could well possibly have a defective unit. If I were you, I'd send it back and have them ship you a new one.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.