compatability panasonic hcv700 and imovie 11

Reaction score
Hello
can anyone help me please, technology is passing me by fast.
I have just purchased a panasonic camcorder hcv700.
My current imovie is crashing when i plug it in,
I am currently using a 2.2 GHZ intel core 2 duo processor with 2.5 gb ram with snow lepoard. I am waiting for Apple to send me Lion operating system to upgrade to then be able to upgrade to imovie 11.
big question will I be able to use my new camers in HD or can I only use iframe and is iframe really poor
Karen

OP
G
Reaction score
can anyone help me please, technology is passing me by fast.
I have just purchased a panasonic camcorder hcv700.
My current imovie is crashing when i plug it in,
I am currently using a 2.2 GHZ intel core 2 duo processor with 2.5 gb ram with snow lepoard. I am waiting for Apple to send me Lion operating system to upgrade to then be able to upgrade to imovie 11.
big question will I be able to use my new camers in HD or can I only use iframe and is iframe really poor
Karen
Edit/Delete Message

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Merged threads - please don't crosspost.

C

chas_m

iMovie 11 works fine on Snow Leopard, no reason to wait. Don't know if that will solve your problem, however.

C

chas_m

You're right, some recent update to iMovie 9.x upped the requirements to 10.7.4.

I'm not sure what you mean by "waiting for Apple to send me Lion" -- it comes as a downloadable file from the Mac App Store (for $30), Apple isn't going to "send" you anything unless you've ordered the USB thumb drive version.

OP
G
Reaction score
yes Apple support are sending the app.
do you know anything about video converters at all

C

chas_m

Given that Apple isn't going to send you the "app" -- just a redemption code for the Mac App Store -- I'd check your junk folder in your email program. They likely sent it seconds after they said they would.

Video converters: do you mean connecting analog equipment to the Mac, for example to convert VHS tapes to digital? If so, you probably want one of El Gato's products:

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/capture-convert.en.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.