Mac Book Pro Retina running Windows 7 64 bit

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Today I installed Windows 7 64 bit on my Mac Book Pro Retina, I set aside 50gb for it, after installation, running windows support and then updating the OS I only had 6gb left, i find unlikely that windows 7 took up 44gb so does anyone know why this could be?

Many Thanks,

V

OP
V
Reaction score
fixed it, ran winderstat, turned out to be two huge 'pagefile.sys' and 'hiberfil.sys', these two links helped me:

Delete hiberfil.sys by disabling Windows Hibernate function | TechRepublic

Huge pagefile.sys file - Windows 7 Forums
'That 5 gb file is the virtuam memory....if you have more than 3 or 4 gb of ram it is ok to disable virtual memory. To to that: right click on "my computher" then click prop. Go to "Advanced System Settings", go to "Advanced" tab and click "Settings" under Performance, then go to advanced tab and click "Change" hit "No paging file" and then hit "Set".

Warning: After doing this some games or appz won't work anymore, extremely rarely but it might just happen. Fuel doesn't work without a pagefile.'

for safety i set it to 900mb as having no pagefile can effect windows keeping note of problems.

now i have 34gb free :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.