MacBook Pro connection problem

Reaction score
hello there, i wonder if anyone can help me.
I've just acquired a 3 year old MacBook Pro4, I also have a 5 year old MacBook2 thats been a great bit of kit but its seen better days. They are both running os x 10.6.8
They're both connected to the same wireless network through a Netgear router and while im getting constant speeds of 20mb with my old book my new one is at worst 1.5mb and at best 9mb, they're sitting side by side and i've been through all settings that i can think of and they are both the exact same except for the last digit of the IP addresses.
I've got a vague memory of writing a command in a terminal window that changed connection settings in the old book but i cant find a guide anywhere thats ringing any bells.
Any help would be much appreciated, cheers

john

OP
S
Reaction score
The command line was something to do with ipconfig and i had to change a few values, **** this memory of mine, I should have bookmarked it.
If i knew what to type in to see the differences between the values on the two MB's i'd have a chance but i'm not confident and scared of breaking something

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.