Mac is amazing!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 1.4 Ghz 76gmb Ram, needing: Macbook Pro 2011 2.6 GHz 8GB ram
Hello all. I'm an apple supremacist, although I've only ever OWNED one product, ive used some, and they are fking amazing! Last month I bought an ibook g4, just to get a flavor of the os to see if i really liked. Right away, I notice how extremely zippy the OS is. Even on 768 mb RAM! I can play all the state of the art (2005-2006) games on full settings, run photoshop cs4, and run lots of ppc apps. Now, I know this isnt the best machine to use, as im a gamer, aspiring photo editor, and love mac, but this machine is a beast for its time. I looked further into apples powerpc line, and found that there powermacs can handle quad core g5 w/ 16GB ram, thats like an i7 extreme with 32GB in 2005!!! I am now a total apple fanatic, and reall,really,really want a macbook pro, and have for three years. And I know some people say theyre overpriced, but theyre not. Theyre made of aluminum, all always have the latest proccessors, and theres only 7 machines that arent discontinued. (thats like having the last 4 hp pavillion dv7's, the price would go up alot, wouldnt it?) I have also noticed how extremely advanced os x is. Even though im only running tiger, its still waaay faster than win7 or vista. and the software? There actually maybe even more software for os x than there is for windows (probably not, but theres alot) And games? Theres is actually MORE games for os x because of boot camp in 2006, and WINE for mac. Please tell me all about your os x vs windows thoughts in this thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Welcome to the forums

There wasn't always such a glut of software for the Mac but that has certainly changed in recent years. There are a slew of Mac apps that I know have no windows versions and you will generally find mac apps to be well written and designed.

Sure if you go into a store you will find more Windows software, but most of it is for maintenance and security software.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.