iphoto/Image Capture not detecting digital camera

W

westicle

iphoto and Image Capture wont detect my camera (Canon EOS 350 D). I have installed the software that came with the camera (Zoom Browser) and this works fine. I'm using the same USB cable. iphoto used to work fine but has recently stopped - I think when I installed Zoom Browser.

I've tried repairing permissions but this has not helped.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Westie.

OP
D

DallasX

westicle said:
iphoto and Image Capture wont detect my camera (Canon EOS 350 D). I have installed the software that came with the camera (Zoom Browser) and this works fine. I'm using the same USB cable. iphoto used to work fine but has recently stopped - I think when I installed Zoom Browser.

I've tried repairing permissions but this has not helped.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Westie.
I had a similar problem with an HP. What I did was plugged it in and after awhile it found it. It probably took it a couple of minutes, ridiculous I know but it eventually found it. There has got to be a better solution though.

OP
W

westicle

Thanks Dallas I tried but it didn't work. I disabled the cameras auto power off and left it for about half an hour and it still didn't pick it up.

If I use the Canon software it works automatically. I'm guessing it's some kind of clash between this software and OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
check the connection options on the camera?

OP
W

westicle

macAttack said:
check the connection options on the camera?

Yeah they are fine. The Canon software works fine and I can import the pics using that. It's just that iphoto and image capture wont register the camera. I'm assuming Zoom Browser has caused a clash somehow since iphoto used to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.