MacBook Pro screen don't turn on but works in external display

Reaction score
Hi guys,suddenly today my MBP screen didn't turn on this morning and I looked everywhere for a possible solution,I rebooted in safe mode and didn't work also tried control option P R Key and didn't work,the computer chimes after start up and after 10 minutes on the keyboard lights come up,I used an external display,my TV and was able to log in,so basically works in another display but not in its own screen,my MBP is early 2011 i5 core ,I would like to know if there's a solution other than take it to apple since works in external display and if I need to do something in settings,this is really frustrated,please I would appreciate any reply,but safe rebooting didn't work neither control option P R

Reaction score
Have you tried to have your computer turned off and press and hold the power button till you hear a beep and the led at the front flashes?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need to take it on to Apple. That machine is too new to have that kind of problem. Let the genius bar at your local Apple store deal with it. Make an appointment before you take it on in. (There's nothing else you can do.)

OP
S
Reaction score
Have you tried to have your computer turned off and press and hold the power button till you hear a beep and the led at the front flashes?

Yes,tried all that,just the only new software I installed a week ago was VMWare fusion to run windows

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.