Install microsoft office for Mac on airbook.

Reaction score
I had a disk but cant find it. My old Macbook computer (2006) has Office on it, excel and word, both have ID #'s on them, is this something I need to use in order to install it again on my new mac air. This would be my second install, I was under impression I had three installs when I bought it 6 yrs ago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
Yes you can install Office on your Macbook Air. But without the disk and the numbers I don't know how you will do it. You may be able to call Microsoft and they can give you new numbers if you can prove your purchase or is you registered Office the first time. Frankly I can't remember If you had to register your software in those days. Either way you will need those numbers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you bought Office 6 years ago it won't work on your new Air. Only Office 2008 and 2011 can be installed on a machine running Lion or Mountain Lion. If you have Office 2004 or older it can not be installed because you can no longer run PPC software on Lion or ML.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
There you go. chscag knows better than I. But I think you can find Office for Mac for probably less than $100.00 that will work on that machine. Also even if the old software would work on the machine you would still need the codes associated with the software.

OP
nycredneck
Reaction score
OK, so looked on my old computer and it say's EXCEL MAC 2008, so I should be good to go right?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If it's Office 2008 you can install it. Be sure to download all updates from Microsoft once it's installed. And I move this thread to the correct forum. Has nothing to do with running Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.