Printer Problems

Reaction score
Hi there, I have a 27in. mac, late 2009 model. Recently I have been having problems with printing. I reset everything, and troubleshooted on the phone with a tech. I bought a new printer thinking it was my printer. Is there someway to fix this problem? Or do I have to bring my computer into a service place. My problem still has not been solved.

When I print a regular page, it looks fine on the computer. When it prints, it prints in the center of the page smaller than the actual page.

photostream

Hopefully you are able to see the photo. I also attached the photo. It is a screen shot of a page I printered and next to is on the right is how the page printer. I scanned it into my computer.

Please help, I dont know what to do anymore.

Screen Shot 2012-09-11 at 1.35.52 PM.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your iMac is not a fault. Printing is controlled by the printer driver and the program that you're printing from. Does that occur with every program you print from? How about plain text?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your iMac is not a fault. Printing is controlled by the printer driver and the program that you're printing from. Does that occur with every program you print from? How about plain text?

At first it was only when I tried to print a document from my email. Now it happens whenever I print anything from my computer. Texts, Docs, Photos, Labels.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
At first it was only when I tried to print a document from my email. Now it happens whenever I print anything from my computer. Texts, Docs, Photos, Labels.

OK, that will get us started. Do you have any other program installed that might have to do with printing? Utilities, add ons, anything? You say it started with email printing and now it does it with everything. Go back over what you did and may have installed for this problem to have first appeared. Also, have you been making backups with Time Machine?

OP
C
Reaction score
OK, that will get us started. Do you have any other program installed that might have to do with printing? Utilities, add ons, anything? You say it started with email printing and now it does it with everything. Go back over what you did and may have installed for this problem to have first appeared. Also, have you been making backups with Time Machine?

I don't recall installing anything. It started when my mother was here trying to print from a PDF file from her email. They were not printing right, and than after a couple weeks I tried printing and it was printing the same. I never downloaded anything. Also I do not have a time machine, thus no backups. I don't have the money for a 1tb hard drive, so I never got one.

Do I need to reset it to factory settings? How do I protect all my files?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.