Mountain Lion Notifications center not working

Reaction score
Went to the Mac store. They couldn't figure it out. They are gonna try to get an answer for me for my next One to One class.... anybody have this problem and solved it?
my first post so be nice. :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
We'll need a bit more detail. How exactly is it not working?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
My notification center doesn't work either - nothing ever shows up in it since the 10.8.1 update. Maybe the 10.8.2 update will fix it.

Screen Shot-fixed.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ROFL Don't mind the google search in the browser. HAHAHA I forgot to clear that before the screenshot, or to edit it out. Anyway ((I was bored and as a female I was curious hehe))

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Not sure I have an answer but as for the search ROTFL

C

chas_m

How about a screenshot of your Notifications Center system preference pane?

As for "men's room etiquette," I think the only general rule is "don't look around, don't chat with other occupants, and avoid Senators from Idaho with a wide stance." :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't know about the OP but mine seems normal. But maybe NC is blank because I don't use those apps. I do use the calendar, but I use Thunderbird, Firefox (on occasion Safari) and Adium for my IM client. Maybe those apps aren't updated to use notification center. I might switch back to Messages though.

Screen Shot 2012-09-13 at 9.26.53 PM.png

C

chas_m

I don't know about the OP but mine seems normal. But maybe NC is blank because I don't use those apps. I do use the calendar, but I use Thunderbird, Firefox (on occasion Safari) and Adium for my IM client. Maybe those apps aren't updated to use notification center. I might switch back to Messages though.

If you use the Calendar (for example), you need to click on the Calendar in Notification Center's preferences and let it know how you want it set:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes I have that set to Alerts.Yes everything I have in there is set to something other than None. I started using Messages again and nothing showed up in my notification center when I left the computer and someone messaged me when the app was not in focus. So I'm not sure what to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.