How do I boot into a USB on a MBP with no BIOS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Macbook Pro 2 GHz i7/15"/8gb RAM
So I have a 2011 MBP that has a Windows Bootcamp partition. My job has decided that we must boot from these USB sticks and work within their network rather than the usual way we used to work by using Windows. I cannot boot from the USB because I cannot access the BIOS since it doesn't exist on a Mac. I have tried rEFIt but it doesn't seem to work at all. I also tried Boot Runner but it only lists my Mac HD when I boot up. It won't even list Windows. When viewing the drive in disk utility it shows an untitled partition with a master boot record and one named Linux swap. I have yet been able to use it and can't ask tech support to fix it since we are not supposed to use Macs. I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm running Mountain Lion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What happens when you press the alt key on start-up|?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Macbook Pro 2 GHz i7/15"/8gb RAM
I get the boot menu that allows me to choose between Mac and Windows (bootcamp). The drive is not recognized.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
On a Mac you cannot install a Windows Boot Camp partition on an external drive, nor can you boot from an external Windows drive created via a PC. It has to be in a partition created by the Boot Camp manager on the Mac's boot drive. The only way you can run Windows on an external drive is to install OSX on it, then install Parallels or similar, then Windows. Windows will then run alongside OSX on an external drive, which is not what you want. Also, there is no bios as per a PC in Macs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.