Experiencing iTunes issues with files on external HD

Reaction score
So the other day I went out and downloaded a couple of free iBooks from the store. Anyways, I do not like having my books or my tv shows on my HD. So i have them on my external so everytime i sync my phone I have my external hooked up. I have no issues with my tv shows. however, there is an issue with the books. I go and transfer my books to my external, I delete them from iTunes, then I re add them into iTunes by selecting the files from my external. However, when I go into my itunes folder on my computer, there is a folder with books, just the 2 ones I added, the other ones are on the external. I want all my books to be on my external, opposed to most of them on the external and only a couple on my HD. So now I have 2 books in folders on my computer and my external HD, i rather just have them on the external. Its weird, cause when I add them and locate them on the external and put into itunes, itunes goes and creates a folder on my computer which I dont want it to. I want itunes to take the files from the external not the computer.

Think I solved the issue. Deleted all books out of library in iTunes and deleted from my computer. Then re added through itunes with my external HD by dragging and dropping. Now it appears all my books are on my External and in my itunes library without the actual files being on my computer. I think problem solved. Pain though how I add 2 new books and have to delete everything and re add them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.