iMac won't start

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The New iPad 16GB, iPod classic 160GB, iPhone 4S 32 GB white sprint, iPod touch 4gen black 32GB
Hi it's been a long time since I was on here, something happen to my iMac
This morning I try to turn on my iMac and nothing happen,
It was working until I turned it off at 4:30 am EST. at 11:35 am ESt when I tried to turn it on. It didn't make the normal noise that it do's of the fan and the hard drive comes on and booted-up.
I went to apple website and they said check the power cord and unplug everything and try to start it again. It won't start.

Two weeks ago my house had a weird power surge. Since that happen my iMac wasn't acting right, it started up with a grey screen and it was hard to push the power button?

What can I do?
1. Do I call apple care and too see what they say
2. Do I buy another power cord

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If your iMac is still under warranty or extended warranty with Apple care, take it on in and have them look at it. I doubt it's the power cord. If you had a power surge, something may have been damaged in the power supply. That's why if you own an iMac you should also invest $100 and buy a good UPS with built in surge protection.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The New iPad 16GB, iPod classic 160GB, iPhone 4S 32 GB white sprint, iPod touch 4gen black 32GB
If your iMac is still under warranty or extended warranty with Apple care, take it on in and have them look at it. I doubt it's the power cord. If you had a power surge, something may have been damaged in the power supply. That's why if you own an iMac you should also invest $100 and buy a good UPS with built in surge protection.

It's going to be hard to take in, I bought the 27in iMac and I don't won't to tell the person who bought it for me, they are going to be mad. They spent all that money just to brake in two months.

And I don't know if the house was in a power surge, the only thing I know is that I had the iMac in a sleep mode, then I to turn it back on later.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
It's going to be hard to take in, I bought the 27in iMac and I don't won't to tell the person who bought it for me, they are going to be mad. They spent all that money just to brake in two months.

Hard or not…what else are you going to do???

If it's only 2 months old…you have to take it to Apple for them to diagnose.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.