Certain Websites don't load on MAC

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this forum, and I am glad I've found it .
My main issue is with my Imac which was bought in 2011 october model.
I have parallels on it, so I run windows and mac os at the same time on it.
I started to have a problem on my Mac OS with browsers not being able to load certain websites, some websites work, some do not. On windows though I have no problems visiting the websites which are blocked on MAC OS..
To me it is very strange, and I can't seem to find a way to fix it.
Help appreciate it

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you can access those websites from Windows, then they're not being blocked by your ISP or anyone else. Check to see what you're using for DNS servers from System Preferences, Network, WiFi, Advanced, DNS tab.

My experience working with both Windows and OS X, is that Windows handles networking better than OS X. DNS problems are more likely to occur in OS X than Windows.

OP
I
Reaction score
If you can access those websites from Windows, then they're not being blocked by your ISP or anyone else. Check to see what you're using for DNS servers from System Preferences, Network, WiFi, Advanced, DNS tab.

My experience working with both Windows and OS X, is that Windows handles networking better than OS X. DNS problems are more likely to occur in OS X than Windows.

http://postimage.org/image/ccvnu36n1/ image of what is my dns

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What you are seeing in the DNS window is the URL address for your web browser. Ask your ISP for the primary and secondary DNS addresses, hit the little + button and add them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
You could use the OpenDNS severs. These are

OP
I
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help.
it seems, everything got fixed by itself, I didn't even have to restart, I just left computer running for a night and the next day everything worked when it left sleeping mode.
I think problem was related to ISP.
if it happens, again, I'll try these 2 addresses posted by docx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
use them anyway. I've never had a problem using it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.