How would you improve the iPad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.
Imagine that you have a Gazillion dollars and the very best techie brains at your beck and call ..... what would be the one thing that you would make the next generation of iPad capable of?
Here's my choice ......
Make it so that with my iPad connected to my computer, either with a cable or by wi-fi, I could just drag and drop things like e-books, movies, images, music etc from my computer's desktop to folders on the iPad. And then, when I had finished with them, just drag them back to my computer's trash.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Isn't this what the sync'ing is doing right now and has been all along? With iOS 5, the sync can happen ove WiFi or through the cable. You select the device, chose the e-books, movies, images and music you want to sync. Press sync to make it happen, enjoy the content on your iPad and when done, go into iTunes and uncheck the things you don't want anymore and hit Sync again to get rid of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Imagine that you have a Gazillion dollars and the very best techie brains at your beck and call ..... what would be the one thing that you would make the next generation of iPad capable of?
Here's my choice ......
Make it so that with my iPad connected to my computer, either with a cable or by wi-fi, I could just drag and drop things like e-books, movies, images, music etc from my computer's desktop to folders on the iPad. And then, when I had finished with them, just drag them back to my computer's trash.

You might want to consider an Android powered tablet with Jelly Bean. Problem solved. No need for a gazillion dollars, either. Heck, if the new Kindle HD can do it, I'd probably go for that one. Looks like a nice machine.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
If there is anything I could change about the iPad I would make it more durable and make it feel better to hold in your hand. I love my iPad for most things but there is still a lot of things out would rather pullout my iPhone or MacBook instead.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
That it makes me breakfast in the morning. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Offer a 64gb at 16gb price.

C

chas_m

Make it a little lighter. That's about it really (I think it's an AMAZING device).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.