Incorrect resolution when booting my MacBook Pro

Reaction score
For some reason, my MacBook Pro now doesn't boot with the right resolution (1440 x 900). The System Preference panel about Screens and resolutions says that this resolution is being used at the moment, but I can clearly see that's not the case. Only when I plug in a 2nd screen (that one has 1680 x 1050), my MacBook Pro itself displays everything at the right resolution (i.e. 1440 x 900). When I unplug the 2nd screen this correct resolution remains intact (strange but true). My question is: how can I fix the problem that my MacBook Pro doesn't boot with the right resolution, because I don't always use a 2nd screen (which in this case seems to solve the problem).

OP
N
Reaction score
In the meanwhile, I solved the problem. It turned out the contrast caused the trouble. I accidentally used a wrong keyboard shortcut in Photoshop and the one I used seems to adapt the contrast. I removed that contrast shortcut to prevent future mistakes.

Reaction score
I have the same issue

Hello, i hope you get this, ive done the exact same thing, thing is, i dont know which button or shortcut i hit in Photoshop, can you help me, which shortcut did you delete, and which one caused the problem? Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.