Part restore from back up?

Reaction score
I need to completely wipe my imac in a attempt to get it working better again.
(please dont give me other alternative suggestions like disk repair etc. as i have tried it all)

Only problem is i need to reinstall logic pro 9, but i only have the upgrade version so i need logic 8 full to install it.

Is there a way of just reinstalling a choice of software from the back up, or is there a way the mac will recognize i have had it previously installed?

looking at the back up on the external hard drive, this doesnt look possible as it just copys your entire mac hd. i guess i would be able to run software of the external harddrive, but wouldn't want to do that.

its not from the mac app store either so i couldn't recover it that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 MBP 15" I7 2.3 Ghz 16 GB Ram 500 GB SSD Retina
I don't think there is. Did you buy the original software to begin with? if you did can you go back to the manufacturer and get a copy of the original? If you don't own the program then you probably shouldn't install it.

OP
D
Reaction score
yes the software is all legit, otherwise i wouldn't have this problem ; )

there should be a way to upload apple applications you own to iCloud or something. The same way you can back up your iphone and then load all the same info to your ipad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think the only way to do it is to copy the entire hard drive via Super Duper. In this way it would be a bootable drive.

However since you are having problems with your system and want to format your hard drive and start over your options are limited probably to none without the original install disk. Is there a forum that caters to this particular software where you may be able to get more information to solve your problem.

Worse case scenario can you just re-buy the latest version or the version you want?

OP
D
Reaction score
ok ill just have to reinstall everything properly. not a big deal for most things.

As for logic, i know i can download logic 8 for free, and then install my genuine copy of logic 9.
And seeing as ive payed for 7,8 and 9 over the years, and not to mention the silly amount of apple products. I think karma wont mind...

thanks your your help anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry I couldn't help you. Looks like you have to take the long way. Good luck in your quest.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.