Can't add selected song to iPhoto slideshow

Reaction score
I think I'm doing everything I'm supposed to, but when I think I've added a chosen song to iPhoto Slideshow and I click on PLAY, I hear the song that Apple has chosen, not the one I want.

In "Music Settings", I do the following:
1. Place a checkmark before "Play music during slideshow".
2. Select a song from my iTunes library
3. Highlight that song
4.Drag the song into the box titled, "Custom Playlist for Slideshow".
5. Click on the CHOOSE button.

I don't think it's important, but in SLIDESHOE SETTINGS, I do the following:
1. Click on "All Sides" tab
2. Place dot before "Play each slide for a min. of 3 sec."
3. Place checkmark before "Show Title Slide".
4. Place checkmark before "Repeat Slideshow".

What do I have to do to hear the song I have chosen?

C

chas_m

Yes, you are doing this incorrectly. The Custom Playlist is for MULTIPLE songs in a slideshow, not just one.

Simply highlight the song you want, and press Choose. No dragging anything anywhere, and uncheck "custom playlist for slideshow."

In settings, check "fit slideshow to music" for the best results. The timings of the slides will be adjusted to fit the length of the song -- with practice you'll learn how many slides you can use in a typical five-minute song so that they all get decent "screen time."

OP
N
Reaction score
chas_m Yes, you are doing this incorrectly. The Custom Playlist is for MULTIPLE songs in a slideshow, not just one.

Simply highlight the song you want, and press Choose. No dragging anything anywhere, and uncheck "custom playlist for slideshow."

In settings, check "fit slideshow to music" for the best results. The timings of the slides will be adjusted to fit the length of the song -- with practice you'll learn how many slides you can use in a typical five-minute song so that they all get decent "screen time."
------
Now that's the way it should be done. Your answer was prompt, short yet sufficient, and it solved my problem. I don't know if that's the kind of response I should expect from this site, but I'm going to be finding out. I think I'm going to make this place my first place to go to for help. Believe it or not, I spent a large part of today searching for an answer but, thanks to you, I can now go to bed with one less problem on my mind. Thanks, again.

Oh, by the way, how do you post the wording to which you are replying? I couldn't find the right icon, so I had to copy and paste your words. FINAL, FINAL: I hope this gets to you. I didn't see any button saying "Post" or something like that, so I'm clicking on the "Save Changes" button. I don't see any other possibilities.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Oh, by the way, how do you post the wording to which you are replying?
You mean like this?

Copy the text that you want, then click on the little speech bubble above the Reply Box. That will put some Quotes brackets up, and just paste between them.

C

chas_m

Well, if the text you copied is still highlighted, yes.

That's one way to do it. What I do is just press the "quote" button in a message I'm replying to, trim out any stuff that's not relevant to my reply, start a new paragraph and reply.

OP
N
Reaction score
Well, if the text you copied is still highlighted, yes.

That's one way to do it. What I do is just press the "quote" button in a message I'm replying to, trim out any stuff that's not relevant to my reply, start a new paragraph and reply.

---
Hmmm. Has that always been there?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.