RDP to Windows Server 2008 R2 License Error

Reaction score
ERROR

"You were disconnected from the Windows-based computer because of problems during the licensing protocol"

I have scoured the Internet and have read it can be fixed...but no one has given me a working fix. I have tried many fixes but still no luck =(.

Anyone know a FUNCTIONING fix for 10.7 and or 10.8

I am using Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac | Office For Mac (the latest version) to connect to Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. Running RDS with a 5 User CAL. No Active Directory just basic accounts as the local IT team hasn't a clue how to use AD and I am a thousand miles away.

OP
O
Reaction score
Cord....is being used currently and is a raw product I am finding over the last month with printer forwarding issues and some minor kinks.

MAC RDP is desired.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Does that mean CoRD does function while the RDP from Microsoft fails to even connect? I very seldom use RDP to Windows, and find that both CoRD and MS RDP both work fine to view the screen when I need it. I seldom do anything of REAL value over RDP to my Windows laptop at work, so I don't have much else to add..

OP
O
Reaction score
Does that mean CoRD does function while the RDP from Microsoft fails to even connect? I very seldom use RDP to Windows, and find that both CoRD and MS RDP both work fine to view the screen when I need it. I seldom do anything of REAL value over RDP to my Windows laptop at work, so I don't have much else to add..

My issue is I have a Business Owner who loves his MAC and wont give it up even though so far its cost him over 3k in licenses and systems to run a Windows based program his company requires.

So I have an office of 4 employees who use MACs because that's what he bought them. They RDP into the Windows Server 3-4 times a day to input data into this application/DB.

Cord wont forward a printer or scanner and it wont forward MAC shortcut keys (least of my worries...just annoying that's what the employees complain about).

RDP does forward printer/scanner. I am forced to buy Terminal Works software for almost $500 to fix the forwarding issue...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.