Unable to find the packagemaker command line tool in Mac 10.8

Reaction score
I am using Mac 10.8 and Xcode 4.4.1 . I have installed command line tools for Xcode 4.4.1 and Auxilium tools for xcode 4.4.1 (Package Maker ). I have put the PackageMaker.app into applications folder. I am looking for command line tool for Package Maker. I have searched through web and found some commands.

/Developer/usr/bin/packagemaker --verbose --doc [project].pmdoc --out [project].pkg
mkdir -p dmg

But I am unable to find the “/Developer/usr/bin/packagemaker” location in my machine. Is there anything I missed to configure for this? I am installing Mac Port also. Please update me is there any option from Mac Port also. Please help me to solve this issue.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Xcode is no longer installed to /Developer. Instead, the MAS puts it in /Applications like any other app bundle.

If you're trying to install MacPorts, you shouldn't need packagemaker installed. What are you trying to accomplish here?

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. I have Package macker project .pmdoc format. I need to compile this project using command line tool like terminal and get the output like .pkg project. From where I can find the packagemaker command line tool.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I've never used it from the command line but I do have it installed and can't find any packagemaker CLI tool. Try using the main executable (/Applications/PackageMaker.app/Contents/MacOS/PackageMaker).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.