ATV3 + iPhone4 = Slow Mo!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Core i5 Quad - Mac Mini c2d - iPad Pro - iPhone 11 - ATV3
Hi all

Upgraded my ATV2 to an ATV3 for the higher output resolution. Everything going fine apart from when I use Airplay to stream a video from my iPhone 4 to the ATV3. These are small videos that I have taken with the iPhone itself. With my ATV2 the videos would play great on the TV, but since upgrading, the videos play fine, until they get about three quarters through, then the picture goes into slow motion, before going back into normal play just before the end of the video. Tried a friends iPhone to see if that did the same when Airplaying, and it does. Can anyone throw any light on this.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sounds like a network issue.

But to rule out other things if you airplay a game or a youtube video or a synced video do you get the same issue?

OP
Darker Times
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Core i5 Quad - Mac Mini c2d - iPad Pro - iPhone 11 - ATV3
Hi

If I stream a video from Youtube to the ATV, then it plays fine. It just does it with things I have recorded on the iPhone. Like I say, it never did it with the ATV2, which is odd.

Philip

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.