HELP! Very peculiarly low amounts of memory

Reaction score
Hello! I have a school MacBook that seems to be having an issue with memory. Right now, I have deleted almost half of my applications, cleared my entire documents of all photos, music files, EVERYTHING.
It still says I only have 10GB free, and it won't even allow me to do a software update because there "isn't enough space"

How can I free up more? Are there hidden files or something that may be taking up all my memory?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Have you emptied the Trash ?? Because until you do it will be taking up that same amount of space on your HD.

Lets not confuse RAM (System Memory) and space on your HD either. You need to get the right terminology right too so we are not confused as to what you are talking about.

One Application that i use and has a nice user interface and presents how much "space" you have on your HD and where it is, is DaisyDisk. Download this and then you will see what big files and to the smallest file you have on your HD taking up all the Space.
HTH
Reprot back as well

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.