Apple mail question

Reaction score
I like the feature in gmail where I can "undo" a sent mail. In settings you can set it so that it won't actually send out for a few seconds after hitting the send button. Very handy when you, "Oops,I forgot to spellcheck that post first."

I would like to use gmail via apple mail. Is it possible to still have the undo option? If so, how do you set that up?

C

chas_m

No. You'd be using a real email client now, one that expects the user to be competent at completing an email before pressing send.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Here's an article you may find helpful:

Mac Mail Tip - How To Undo Email Already Sent

Chas - many people are used to features like this, particularly in Outlook when paired with Exchange. Yes, we should all be careful before we hit "send", but accidents happen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 17"(2.8 ghz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB mem), 21.5" Imac, 15" MBP (2.4 ghz) all running ML
C

chas_m

Where did I say I have never made such an error (like forgetting to attach the attachment or misspelling something)? Nowhere, that's where.

I'm speaking to you from experience, not from an ivory tower.

All I'm saying is that you can avoid the infantilisation effect by getting into the habit of checking your email before you press send. Sorry if you were offended by that, to me it's like saying "just because you have spellcheck on your computer doesn't mean you can write well."

Reaction score
I know i occasionally bump the touchpad and send emails, it can be annoying!

C

chas_m

Not clear on how this is any different than "check your emails before sending," but whatever.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.