• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

iMovie '11 - Adjusting waveform for music in background

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having trouble adjusting (fading out) the background music before my project has ended. I'd like it to end on a particular clip and I also have it pinned to start on a particular clip. I've researched on how to make the adjustments, but these actions only seem possible on the audio recorded with the video or sound effects?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Can you actually see the waveforms of the music? If not click on the waveform button which is next to the slider that controls how much of the clips you see.

Click on the waveforms and you should get a yellow box(or just a vertical line). Drag that box to the size that you want, then drag the volume line up or down. Or drag the little yellow buttons either side of the box for fading.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the waveforms were very visible. I was able to perform the actions on the audio that was recorded and sound effects (yellow box, vertical lines, etc), it just wouldn't let me select anything with regards to the music.

I have managed to work it out, it seems that if the music is pinned to clips, these adjustments can't be made unless you select clip trimmer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
it seems that if the music is pinned to clips, these adjustments can't be made unless you select clip trimmer
That shouldn't be so. You should still get the yellow box if you click in the waveform of tracks pinned to clips. I do it all the time.

Screenshot2012-09-10at150907.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.