Duplicate Photos

Reaction score
Hi Everyone i am new to this Site.. i am having a problem :[ with iphoto it seem i have very many duplicate photos and was wondering if there is a way of finding all the duplicates and deleting them without having to sit for hours going through every single one?:Angry:
also is it possible to then transfer all the remaining photos to an external hard disk drive therefore freeing up my memory on the Pc.. i would appreciate any help on this matter..:Confused: Many thanks C

Reaction score
I've also been trying to eliminate duplicate files on my MacBook Air. I have a lot of duplicate photos. I'm hesitant to delete the "duplicates" without knowing what it might affect. Anyone have any idea what this file path means:
"/Library/ApplicationSupport/iLifeAssetManagement/assets/sub/" which leads to another folder with the duplicate jpg photo.

I want to be sure if I'm deleting it, I'm not affecting an app or as result I delete it completely. My suspicion is that this file path represents pictures in "Photo Stream." Would it be a big deal if I delete it from Photo Stream since I have the "original" in my iPhoto Library?

Thoughts?

C

chas_m

You are playing with fire.

I think it's a lot better to live with a few duplicates (easy method to safely remove dupes already detailed in my previous post, did you read it?) than it would be to lose data ... and that's EXACTLY what you're about to do.

Weight the risks and benefits. I know which way I'd go if I wasn't 100 percent sure ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.