Prepaid mastercard problems

Reaction score
I have been using pre paid mastercard online credit cards to make purchases in the app store, the last time, they are a fixed amount and can't be topped up, the last one i USED I GOT AN ERROR message saying : I have used too many cards : I hve contacted support but nothing concrete yet, has anyone had the same problem?

Thanks,
Ali

Reaction score
I have been using pre paid mastercard online credit cards to make purchases in the app store, the last time, they are a fixed amount and can't be topped up, the last one i USED I GOT AN ERROR message saying : I have used too many cards : I hve contacted support but nothing concrete yet, has anyone had the same problem?
Just create a new account and use your card with that one.

Another solution would be to buy iTunes cards instead of prepaid MasterCards.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You'd be much better off purchasing iTunes card with the money and using those on the iTunes store. I imagine the app store will put a limit on the number of cards to avoid issues with theft and so on. So switch over to iTunes cards and you can keep everything you've already purchased..

OP
A
Reaction score
I realised that but I have two $100 cards :(, still waiting for itunes support to give me a suggestion ,,

C

chas_m

Your mistake is in using a non-refillable card. Too many "gift cards" sends a flag to Apple security that you could be defrauding them by using stolen or fake cards.

Get a refillable prepaid card. Most credit unions offer them for free (or very low cost) if you have an account (and it costs $5 to get an account at most credit unions). Other company also offer free or low-cost prepaid refillable cards.

Otherwise, go with iTunes gift cards as suggested. You'll have to use the two $100 gift cards you have for something else ...

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I've written back to support hoping someone there has some sort of sense but I highly doubt it, I'm willing to get a prepaid card that can be topped up but want to make sure I dont get the same issue.

Thanks again
Ali

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.