Newsstand has an update?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.4GHz i7 8G ram: rMBP 15" i7 16G ram: iPad4: iPhone 5
The newsstand app is showing a number 1 in the upper corner as though I have something to update or download. The problem is, as far as I can tell, is that I have updated all 3 of my subscriptions and don't wish to buy any issues from the 4th one. Can anyone explain why this red circled "1" is still hanging around? I have all subscriptions set to auto download in my settings... anything I am missing?

TIA

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It probably means the Newsstand application itself has an update for you to download not the subscriptions.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't mean to sound dumb but how do I update the newsstand? My app store icon is up to date and since the newsstand is an app, wouldn't it be update through there?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, my face is red. I finally figured out that I had a new issue waiting to be... selected?... downloaded? (with auto download turned on)... anyway... New issue is on the screen and that red indicator is gone. Jeesh, I struggled with that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
It probably means the Newsstand application itself has an update for you to download not the subscriptions.

Yes there is a 1 against my Newsstand but most of my apps update automatically and in updates there's nothing showing for Newsstand.

So how do I update it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
That's definitely indicating that one of your subscriptions has an update not the Newstand app itself. Open them up. You may have a free issue etc from Christmas/New Year. Many publications are doing end of year supplements and that's what's being prompted

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.