PhotoCard App Review

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
I just had to write a note about this great free app for your iPad and iPhone. In your Apple store look for Bill Atkinson PhotoCard – Postcards. It allows you to mail a beautifully printed card using his award winning landscape or wildlife photos or your own shots saved on your iPad & iPhone iPhoto albums. You can address them using your Contacts address book on your device. Emailed versions are totally free. Here's an example using one of my seashore photos sized to 1929x1280 and saved to web to keep the size to a minimum. I hope you find this review of a great program useful.

PhotoCard2012-09-0815-55-XL.jpg

C

chas_m

Bill is a legend in the Mac world, and still making cool stuff after all these years! Yay him!

Nice shot btw Bob.

OP
bobmielke
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06 I3, 16Gig Ram, OSX 10.6.8
Bill is a legend in the Mac world, and still making cool stuff after all these years! Yay him!

Nice shot btw Bob.

I emailed him asking about a version for my iMac & he said he did all his own programming and that he didn't have the time or staff to write code of operating systems like Windows or OSX. He was so very nice that he clued me into the ideal resolution for the best looking postcards was 1920x1280, the exact screen resolution of my 21.5" iMac. He's a very nice guy.

Reaction score
On the subject of postcards, can anyone help with the printing of a sender's address details along the top centre of the message side of a postcard? I am using an HP Photosmart 5510 printer or an HP Laserjet 4 and cannot get a satisfactory set-up. The best I have managed so far is to get the address on the bottom area.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.