Probem with Mail....................

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 27"12.2.1 Monterey.1phone 13, iwatch,ipad air
Since upgrading to Mountain Lion, I am having problems with my e-mail program.
Its the actual Mail ap on my COMPUTER.

I cannot open the attachment icon easily nor the iphoto .

Is anyone else having issues.

I have Mail 6.0

There are other issues, but these are the worst.

Is there a better e-mail program to use?

C

chas_m

I'm not having these issues. Can you describe more specifically what you mean by "I cannot open the attachment icon easily nor the iPhoto?" I'm afraid that sentence doesn't really make any sense to me.

Someone sends you a photo or a file attachment -- what happens?

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not having these issues. Can you describe more specifically what you mean by "I cannot open the attachment icon easily nor the iPhoto?" I'm afraid that sentence doesn't really make any sense to me.

Someone sends you a photo or a file attachment -- what happens?

Sorry, I get pictures and files fine.
When I try to add an attachment or a photo, I have to click NUMEROUS times before the attachment opens.
Sometimes iphoto never does open in my e-mail, I have to export it, and click click click on the attachment icon.
Very annoying.

C

chas_m

Hmmm. It could be that your hard drive is just spinning up, or something's causing a delay.

But why not just email the photo from directly within iPhoto itself? Or, alternatively, drag the picture(s) you want onto the Mail icon in the dock?

OP
royalpei
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm. It could be that your hard drive is just spinning up, or something's causing a delay.

But why not just email the photo from directly within iPhoto itself? Or, alternatively, drag the picture(s) you want onto the Mail icon in the dock?

Thanks, guess I will have to.

C

chas_m

If you have "spin the HD down when possible" checked in Energy Saver, uncheck it. That should help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.