Web server on snow leopard server

Reaction score
Greetings.

I have installed Calibre to manage my ebook collection and am trying to get my iPad to see it.

Calibre runs it's own server on port 8080 that you can browse to to select books from your library. Snow Leopard won't let me use it outside of the machine itself (localhost or 127.0.0.1:8080). When I try to browse to it from antoher machine or my iPad it simply won't connect.

This works fine with my MacBook Pro. I don't think it's a calibre issue as I can't browse to the the calibre site from any other machine when it is hosted on the Snow Leopard Server Mac Mini. From my MacBook Pro it's fine. I think it's probably a server setting somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it.

Any suggestions on how to make these web pages viewable from more than just the machine it's running on?

Cheers,

Col

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Do you have any firewalls turned on that Server that would stop access from outside the machine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.