Macbook Pro Retina Display - 2.3 or 2.6ghz for gaming?

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Looking at getting a MBP Retina soon but am wondering what your thoughts are on the 2.3 compared to the 2.6? I will be using it mostly for the standard word documents, music, movies, photos, etc etc as well as a bit of Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 etc... would the games run a **** of a lot better on the 2.6 or not really much difference at all?

Not really concerned about the size of the harddrive.

Any advice would be great! Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I bet you $100 you would not be able to notice a difference. However, I wouldn't base the decision of 2.3 vs 2.6 on gaming. There are more important things that could use that power, but that is up to the user to know what they need. You'll most likely be perfectly fine with the 2.3GHz I7.

OP
V
Reaction score
Thank you for your response. Do you think it would be advisable to upgrade the RAM to 16gb instead of worry about the processor - seeing as I'm not using it for work purposes e.g. photography etc, and gaming will be the most strenuous activity I put the macbook through...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.