check list after buying rMbp

Reaction score
I am engineering student and windows user. I have used mac few times(friends). I liked it and disliked it aswell, may be because I am not familiar with it and I am still a Mac virgin.
I really really like the build quality of Macbooks and what I have heard that OS X does not have usual windows problems(i am sick of that). Thats the only reason I am getting it.

I was surfing few forum over the internet and I found out that Macbook build quality is not the best because too many users are reporting issues with the New rMbp.

My laptop has died(hp dv-5), I have to buy Laptop immediately either rMbp or Dell Xps-15.

I am a Mac Virgin, I dont know what should I be looking at after purchasing my rMbp to ensure that it is 100% issue free eg. dead pixels, screen problem, loose frame etc.

If you guys can give me a sort of checklist, to check that issue is not present, I will be very very thankful.

In the mean time I have also read that there is a lagging issue going on do u guys belive the issue will get resolved ? because i don't want to spend nearly 1900-2000 pounds and get the Lag.

Again I will be thankful for ur advise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 13" 10.8 (latest)
Just go buy a Mac and don't look back. There's no checklist. You will only ask yourself why you have not switched sooner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
There is no current rMBP "build" quality issue that would deter me from buying it. The only thing holding me back is that I'm waiting for the refurb prices in the U.S. market.

With that said, I find it kind of odd that it's either the rMBP or the XPS-15. IMO, it's like comparing Pelikan fountain pen to a Bic pen. If the XPS-15 apparently fits your needs, why the rMBP?

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys, I am really looking forward to buy rMBP, as it is my 2nd day i am searching the forum, there is big issue going on with the displays. It is sort of hit & miss.
What do u guys think when will the issue get resloved, i dont want to spend 2000 pounds and then send it for repair etc ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.