music transfer

Reaction score
My old macbook has been ghosted. I plugged my ipod into it to charge it and all my music has been deleted from my iPod

I have a new macbook pro that my daughter has been using and she attached her ipod to my new computer. I am afraid to attach my ipod to my new computer that my daughter was using incase I lose all her music.

I have an iPad with my music on it, can I transfer it to my old computer again or to my iPod.

I am not sure what to do here?

Thank you for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Not sure what you mean by 'ghosted'.

All your music should be in your iTunes library. Which Mac is your iTunes library on?

It makes things much simpler if iPods/iPhones/iPads are synced with a single iTunes library.

OP
S
Reaction score
music

Thank you for your reply.

Ghosted is a term used by the techy who erased all the info from my computer.
I was having a lot of trouble with it so they wiped everything out.

When I attempted to charge my iPod, because my itunes is empty, I guess it just erased everything.

It never asked me anything, I just went to click on my ipod and there is nothing there.

I fortunately have all the music on my iPad, but I am afraid to plug my ipad into my computer in case it does the same thing to my iPad?

Thanks for any help you can give me on how to transfer my music from an iPad to anywhere, so I don't lose it from there too!

cheers,

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If your original iTunes library is gone, you no longer have a backup of your music. You can use a third party application to transfer the music on your iPad or iPod back into iTunes but the application will not be free.

Here is one such application that works very well. It's $24.99. LINK

Advice for you and your daughter: Always make backups. Use the built in and free Time Machine that's included with your Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.